Monday, February 28, 2011

Theme Contest Winner " The Road Less Traveled"


The winner of this contest was Riddles one of the poets from Allpoetry



I should have known

"I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference"

There is nowhere to turn around
and I've lost a lot,
I took the untaken path.
No doubt,
I wish I'd taken the other route.

This path has shed blood
My family's lives broken
I'm doing well - my career sprung
has brought me ascension
whilst my family
my mother, sister...

oh brother...
I'm happy, they're miserable...

I should have taken the other path
but now my family suffers
suffering at the hands of wrath
a pestilence disturbing
a war unending
a death to come soon
famine entered
then left the room

trading them for me,
I'd sooner me for them

Might I go a few steps back?
My family thus would never lack

But I couldn't know -
and no one could tell me so.
To view this poem on the Allpoetry site click here : I should have known
To read about the poet click here : Riddles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Members

Poets In Training

The newest resource on the internet for creative writers around the world, seeking to unify rather than divide by finding our similarities rather than our differences through prose. Join our group on All Poetry, follow us on twitter, join us on facebook