Friday, October 15, 2010

This is our second poet of the month

I chose Willow-wisp as our second poet of this week, I have met her online and just by reading her poetry, I saw that this lady has got a strong poetic voice. Poetry isn't just about love, it's about so much more. In her work I felt the raw emotion, and feelings of pain that's leaking from her pen. She has been a part of the Sharepoetry site which is a sister to Allpoetry since April 24. She has written over 43 poems and got 575 comments.



The poem she chose for the interview, "Did She?"


Did she skip along beside you?
Or try to match your stride?
Did her small hand get lost in yours
as she walked by your side?
Did she sit upon your lap
and feel your warm embrace?
And see the love there in your eyes
as she looked up at your face.
Did she giggle when you tickled her?
And run and hide in glee.
Did you scoop her up in your arms
and hug her tenderly?
Did you brush her tousled hair
and tie it back in bows?
Or read to her a story
the way a Daddy only knows?
Did you comfort her when she fell?
And wipe away her tears.
And in the darkness of the night
dispel her childish fears.
Did she tell you that she loves you?
Did you say “I love you too?”
Did we have those times together?
Did I have those times with you?
On to the interview with Willow-Wisp.

1. Where are you from?
I am from England, was born in Kent but now live in Norfolk.
2. When and why did you begin writing?
The desire to start writing poetry cam about during my counselling sessions, I was finding it hard to open up so i began putting my feelings into writing which I showed to my counsellor, so I suppose you could say it was for therapy.
3. How do you come up with the title of your poems?
This particular poem spoke for itself really, seemed the obvious title.
4. What inspires you to write?
Because my poems are mainly about certain things, which have happened in my past, I would like to think that maybe they could help others who have been in a similar situation. That's my main inspiration, that and everyday surroundings. I'm often found with a note pad and pen in hand, making notes( even when watching TV) if a subject interest me, I'll write a poem about it.
5. Would you give us a short description about yourself?
I'm a daughter, sister, friend, mother, nanny , oh and last but not least a Poet!

If you'd like to see more of Willow-Wisp's work you can find it on Sharepoetry

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading one or two poems fro Willow-wisp.I think it's great that you created this blog and interviewed her.Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willow's use of poetry as a voice for her inner feelings, as a source of therapy really, recognizes the hugely interesting and important place of the subconscious in writing poetry. Since poetry seeks to engage the emotions, where better to seek inspiration than in the subconscious where emotions reside. The ability to tap into this incredible resource has little or nothing to do with education or even intelligence in my experience. Those who would like a basic handbook for tapping into it might look up 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron. Way to go, Willow and good luck with your journey. Windhover

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Members

Poets In Training

The newest resource on the internet for creative writers around the world, seeking to unify rather than divide by finding our similarities rather than our differences through prose. Join our group on All Poetry, follow us on twitter, join us on facebook